Monday, February 4, 2008

Letting go

Letting go of things can be liberating for some and terrifying for others.
We often cling to objects from our past as reminders of who we once were. In doing so we sometimes forget that today we are a composite of every experience we've ever had. A by product of everyword we've spoken and every word that has been spoken to us. We are carved into individuals by each experience. When we come to realize that memories are not stored in objects, it makes letting those objects go easier.
I have found that when I let items go, such as all the rocks I've collected for years that I set free last month, I feel a sense of peace and forward movement in my energy... liberation from the confines of the past and greeting to the possiblilities of a future free of that energy.

No comments: